Pages

Thursday 22 November 2018

koru

another day doing passion projects it was very fun but also very hard to carve the stone my friend's finished so they decided to help me. this is my shape and the meaning of it


this is my shape i'm doing its called a koru. I cant really show you my real one but this is what it looks like the pattern on it will different. (meaning) new life growth. rebirth a deep connection to the earth.

About KORU.
The koru (Maori for loop) is a spiral shape based on the appearance of a new unfurling silver fern frond. It is an integral symbol in Maori art, carving and tattooing. where it symbolises new life growth strength and peace. Its shape conveys the idea of perpetual movement while the inner coil suggests returning to the point of origin


















2 comments:

  1. Hey Megan!
    I love your work and your explanation what you have done in Passion projects It sounds like fun with you carving stones and one of them is koru the picture on your log is really cool did you make that one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Megan, I like how you explained what you are working on in Group A for Passion Projects.

    I wonder if you could ask one of the Group A teachers to take a photo of the koru you made so that you could post it on your blog. I would really like to see which one you carved!

    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.